Wednesday 24 August 2011

The Right Makeup for your Age Group ♥

Hello everyone!

So as you may know, I am a growing teen myself..I've been always changing my everyday makeup routine because I constantly find new ways to do my makeup. I started off wearing nothing but just mascara, but later on I started to put eyeliner. After eyeliner, of course I started experimenting with other things like eye shadow, blush, foundation and so on..Soon I started to wear full on makeup. I had a complete set of foundation, concealer, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and blush. Sounds crazy for a young teen, eh? But everytime I'd look at the mirror, I knew something was completely wrong..I looked like I had so much on for someone so young, and so many of my parent's friends tell me I look like I'm 17 years old. Once someone even said I looked like I was in my 20's! Scary! I also knew that I wasn't the only one who put pounds of makeup. There are so many kids out there who are even younger than me, wearing much much more.
So today, I wanna talk about what should be the right makeup, people my age should be wearing..

Let's break this down to age groups:
9-11 years old: Honestly, people 9-11 years old should not at all be wearing makeup. Your skin would still be too fragile, and too young to have anything on it. It's also not necessary to wear any. You don't need to cover your face, your skin is still perfect and you should keep your fresh, innocent natural faces.

11 - 13 years old: It's still of course not recommended to wear make up, but for those of you who do want to start or want to experiment, a nice thin coat of lashes will do. If you have light, broken up pair of eyebrows like I do, it would also be nice to fill them in if you'd like. I suggest filling them in with eye shadow that matches your hair colour best. Using eyebrow pencils might just be too harsh. Make sure that when you're filling it in, to follow the natural shape of your brows. NEVER try to make your own shape. As for special occasions, you're welcome to wear a little bit amount of makeup..As for me, I like to change it up once in a while. Sometimes I'd wear a winged eyeliner, and some concealer. Or a natural eyeliner with a little bit of brown shadow.

For special occasions, and days you feel like dressing up, you may pack on your mascara, or even wear a little bit of eyeliner. 

I love, love Elle fanning and her fresh natural face. This kind of makeup truly is what people of younger age should be wearing. Something natural, and fresh.

13 - 15 years old: Again, I still would not recommend a lot, but of course were growing girls. And let's admit it, we like looking or at least feeling pretty. So if you already know a lot about makeup by this age, you'd probably like to wear a little more. No biggie, just of course keep it simple and natural. I like to change up my everyday makeup once in a while..I like to wear a really thin amount of eyeliner putting it as close to the lash line as possible with a generous amount of mascara. Sometimes I'll wear foundation, or sometimes just concealer. Or if you'd like, you may also wear a little bit of natural eye shadow on your lids, with a generous amount of mascara. Once in a while, take time to experiment at home with your makeup to see what you like best on you. Just remember to always keep it natural..

Here is Chloe Grace Moretz, one of my favourite young actresses. Like I said, it's nice to wear a natural eye shadow on your lids with a little bit of mascara. 

16+ years old: This would be the age group when you can start to freely wear what ever it is you'd like. You may notice that foundation, and concealer might become something of an everyday routine. For everyday, you may also start wearing heavier makeup, although not encouraged, it's still fine to do so. Eye shadow, with eyeliner and mascara would be something nice of an everyday. It's up to you what kind of eyeliner you like to wear. In my opinion, it would be nice to change it up once in a while depending on your outfit or on what you feel. 
I love Hailee Steinfield! Here you can see, it's pretty dark. This makeup would be great for special occasions, or one of those "feel pretty" days! 

Great for a natural everyday, but can also be good for special occasions. 

Do know that just because I put a type of make up for every age group, does not mean I recommend  you wear it. Natural is always the best way to go. But this is just for those who have already started at a young age. Remember, if you have already started to wear makeup, this may make some changes on your skin, and affect your skin when you grow older. That's why always make sure to take extra good care of your skin especially now that you've started to wear make up. 
Remember to experiment at times, and maybe even take your time to watch some tutorials on Youtube. It's also nice to search up some young actresses and see what they wear at a daily basis or at the red carpet. Good luck and remember to keep it natural and simple no matter what ♥ 

-ohmisselle 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio